Saturday, September 27, 2008

Visited by Asthma


It is absurd for a 5 ft 10 in and 85 kg "Rambo" man like yours sincerely to struggle for breath at 4 or 5 am in the morning. But that is my condition now. When your life hangs on a breath which you have to inhale, then the rest of the world is deemed unimportant. I refused to believe that I have Asthma. I visited several GPs for a quick fix and hoping against hope that the condition would somehow disappear. But looks like it is stubbornly staying on.

No choice. I visited the Government General Hospital for the first time in my 32 years of working life and with only 8 days of leave on MCs. There was no award or citation for such efficiency in the government education service. So, you out there who are teachers in government schools, do take your sick leave and gracefully rest at home. Don't try to be a super teacher. If you struggle to go to work like what yours sincerely stupidly did in the name of being an honourable teacher, for all you know, you will be given relief classes of your colleagues who so conveniently fake sickness and take leave.

See my inhalers in the picture. They contain my life! . And my life hangs on these medical equipment. Thank God, my former employer is supplying me with them foc.

1 comment:

classyadele said...

Yeay! Glad to see ure back in the blogging business... :)