Friday, October 17, 2008

Adoption for "Shaggy"



Today is a decisive day. Yours sincerely is finally giving "Shaggy" up for adoption. It is a difficult, heart wrenching and aching decision made. "Shaggy" has to go or I have to live with Allergy Asthma for the rest of my life. His dander has been activating my asthmatic allergy. The other two dogs, Pinchy and Elfie, both are miniature pinchers, have very much shorter and manageable furs.

It is like giving up a member of the family for adoption. I wonder how people did it in the past, especially when they had girls.

I know how my children feel about this issue but I have to make the decision and be responsible for it. The wife has also been on this issue for a long time but she dares not act, perhaps giving some respect to me, or rather putting the whole issue on my shoulder.

So I regretfully went into http://www.petfinder.my website and posted an advertisement. You can read about him. The only sensible thing I can do now is to ensure that "Shaggy" gets a good home - animal loving family. An animal-loving Christian family diagonally opposite our house has expressed interest in the adoption but it is too hear our home. The sight of him and his barks will be very painful to bear.

Do pray for "Shaggy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shaggy...=(