Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I climbed Pokok Sena "Everest "

Inspired by a fellow blogger "Random Shots" and yours sincerely's very own curiosity, I went to check out the Hash House Harriet's trek at Pokok Sena labelled as "888." You know la, when it comes to Chinaman's enterprise's number, it has to be 888. That includes his vehicle and possibly his handset or even his house. Blessedly I checked it out fast, as you can see a part of the picturesque hill is "oleli" shaven bald, waiting for a housing project. So, this part on the way down looks like another lost planet.
The occasion was never better timed with the visit of my son, Albertus, who is on a month leave before joining his wife, Adeline, in Kiwi Land, New Zealand. BTW you are confused, I know. Adeline is my daughter and Albertus is my son. I have done away with the term "in-laws" so that I do not "out-laws." We are all in a family. It is family. Well, sounds a bit like the Italian "Mafia," eh? It is good to climb a hill with your son, you get protection every inch you go. Going up, he was behind you, just in case you fall down. Going down, he was in front, just in case you fall down.
This shot is not well taken. But it is part of the vegetation.

This is a good friend and a member of the HHH who led us that day. He has a mighty good stamina. No puffing and panting. He easily slid up and down.
This is your sincerely, changing gear and stressing his gear box to climb up. His heart banged hard against his rib cage. His asthmatic lungs wheezed like a whistle. But it was a good challenge, sort of like the golfers' handcaps. A doctor friend says that if you can make the climb successfully, then your heart is ok, better than doing the stress mill. I made my way up and down, at my own time, of course. The t-shirt, track suits, stockings and also .......... underwear were soaking wet with sweat. You get a sense of achievement. You made it. Well, I am going again next week. This time to the hill in Jitra, Bukit Malau.

Viva life. Get out of your couch. Sweat it out. Too much rest is rust.

2 comments:

AJ7 said...

It makes my day to know that someone was inspired to climb a hill on my account. Way to go.... *grins*. Bukit Malau should be quite fun also... 8)

Anonymous said...

Wah lau...*RESPECT!*